Friday, October 15, 2010

Early Work With Hydroponic Airlift Plumbing

I've spend the last few days tinkering with my window garden, and I spent some time tonight writing up some of my thoughts... with pictures and stuff!

The most important things I've found relating to the air lift system I'm building seem to be:

1. Distance between the top of the water and the tip of the needle.
2. Distance between the bottom of the reservoir and the bottom of the airlift tube.

Window Garden Hydroponic Air Lift Variables

With the needle at the bottom and the water-update near the top of the water level you have total, epic, fail.

Window Garden Hydroponic Air Lift Fail

Along the way I stumbled upon this configuration which seems to work.

Window Garden Hydroponic Air Lift OK

I'm currently thinking this is the way to go.

Window Garden Hydroponic Air Lift Good

No comments:

Post a Comment